This is one of my first poems ever created, but it needs context. Basically, I found a webcam vid of a tiny Giraffe in a Russian zoo, and watched it alongside doing my uni work. Believing it was real due to lack of sleep, i told one of my dearest mates, who told me it wasn't real. This poem was my emo-themed reaction to such lies.
How the Russians carved a
tiny-giraffe-shaped piece out of my heart…
I knew my life was worth
something
when I stumbled upon a tiny giraffe
we stared at each other for 4 hours
we had such a laugh
I watched as you walked around a barn
I wanted to hold you
inspect your spotty fur
and eat tofu with you…that is true
I loved your tiny arms
and wish they would replace my cut ones
if I was also a giraffe
we may have made many sons
but Russia lied!
they told me you were real!
they ripped my heart in two
and my trust they did steal!
I am no longer whole
I ripped down the giraffe shrine
and cried into a flask
and felt my spirit decline!
as I found out the truth
my dreams crumbled
like a crumble
my emotions jumbled
who am i?!
an apathetic, lonely punch bag?!
all I know is hurt
you stamped on my dreams of love
and spat on my heart
I cry in the shower
and fall apart
I hate you Russia
for taking away my love
I hate you Russia
for the reasons stated above
I hate you Russia…

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are always lovely to hear.. please feel free to voice some opinions on what you have just read and if you want a personalized one give me a shout :)